Monday, September 10, 2007

Update on the J.I.T.B. Fiasco...

OK quick update: I called the local restaurant this morning and spoke with the manager on duty. I asked if he was aware of an incident on his property last night. Of course he was not. I explained that I needed the name of the employee involved, and the name of the supervisor who stood by and did nothing. He provided all of the info I asked for...I think he was completely dumbfounded that this had occurred.

Later, I spoke with the rep at the corporate office. She took a detailed statement from me and apologized profusely for what happened. She said they will order an internal investigation and review the surveillance tapes from the drive thru and parking area. She said she would get back with me once they have more information.

Then, I kid you not...she offered to compensate me with "a few coupons for free combo meals" for my troubles. Seriously.

I'm sure this is their canned response, but come on! I would expect the free combo meals routine for bad food, or a wrong order. But physical confrontation by an employee representing their company?? I think not.

SO she asked..."what do you want Jack In The Box to do to make this right for you?"

I told her I would talk to my husband and call her back.

I should mention that the first thing Mini-Me said when I picked her up from school was "Mommy, I wanted to call you today. I still feel scared." (This is after last night, when I put her to bed and she got up a few minutes later to say "I don't feel like going out to eat much anymore. It makes me scared.")

I talked to my co-workers today, and I think my biggest fear is that this baffoon's behavior is going to somehow warp the way my little girl views the world. It's one of those events that can shape your perceptions. What will this do to her?

More updates later....

No comments: