Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Great Song!

I have been a Caedmon's Call fan for years. They are an awesome Christian folk/rock band from Houston, TX. I first heard them while I was at Tech, and I've been hooked ever since!

They've recently released a new album called Overdressed. I love this album...and especially this song. It's called Sacred, and it's so perfect for Moms. The female singer in the band was pregnant with her first child when I was pregnant with Mini Me. It's so great to hear songs by Moms for Moms!

My favorite lyrics are "teach me to run to You like they run to me for every little thing." It's a great reminder that God is our "Daddy," and He wants us to come to him like a child.

I wish I knew how to imbed a music file on here...I'll have to figure it out. For now, here are the lyrics:

"sacred"

this house is a good mess
it’s the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it don’t pay overtime

I’ll get to the laundry
I don’t know when
I’m saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again

could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

the children are sleeping
but they’re running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind

my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing

when I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden

wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine
rise and shine
rise and shine cause

everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and so true! God bless you little momma.

Anonymous said...

Good words.