Friday, January 15, 2010

Random Thoughts and Weekend Plans

Tyler ISD takes some whacky holidays. We get a random day off about once a month. I think they call them "teacher work days" or some nonsense, but I'm looking out the window and I don't see any vehicles in the parking lot over there. Are they working from home?! We've always had a break on Martin Luther King Jr's birthday, but our school district decided to turn it into a 4-day weekend. So I decided to take a 4-day weekend, too! :)

Today, Madi and I are being lazy with two of our favorite people: Madi's BFF Baily, and Baily's baby brother, Lane. And it has been some serious lazy around here! All of us are still in our pj's, the girls slept 'til 9:15, and Lane is napping right now. We're waiting for him to wake up so we can play with him! It's pretty much a perfect day!

Tomorrow is the 2nd meeting of the Tyler Area 2010 Camaro Club! I have to admit, when these folks first contacted me, I laughed. A lot. I thought it was sooo silly, and I wasn't going to go. Madi talked me into it, because she wanted to see all of the other Camaros. (She's kind of a huge fan, now that we have one.) It was actually a lot of fun, and seeing all those cars together was pretty stinkin' cool! So I think we'll go tomorrow and see all of our friends (car and human), and check out our new additions. :)

Sunday is, of course, Cowboys Sunday, and we'll be hosting another party at our house. So fun!! My 3 favorite food groups will be represented: burgers and brats and junk food! Oh, and I love football. Have I mentioned that lately? GO COWBOYS!

Monday will be Casey Day. I'm cashing in my gift certificate for a one-hour massage, manicure, and deluxe pedicure. I love to be pampered. I am SO looking forward to Monday!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend as much as I will!

No comments: