Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Dawning of a New Decade

I'm 30! Wow, that's the first time I've typed that. I'm still not sure what to think about it. It looks kind of...odd. Not in a bad way, really. I suppose I'm just so familiar with the 20's after 10 years of them - 30 just seems a little out of place. A little too grown-up for me. :)

It hit me early this morning, when I logged on to the QuakeCon website. At the bottom of the forum, there is a list of people with birthdays on any given day. And there it was, staring at me: *SpICeY* (30). Ouch! Speaking of my fabulous QuakeCon family...how many people get to say they had one of these on their birthday?!



That sign actually exists in Niceville, FL. Wow...I love it!

I'm actually quite excited about what the next 10 years hold in store for me. Time seems to have accelerated over the past few years, so I imagine that my 30's will be gone before I know it. I plan to embrace every second of them!

And besides, who says you have to let go of your youth when you turn 30? I don't feel a day over 29, and I certainly don't intend to act it! Life's too short to dwell on a number....

3 comments:

l4mby said...

That's b/c everybody loves Spicey ! <3

And you're not 30 ... you're an experienced 21 year old ! (21 for 9 years and still going strong !) ;p

tallie lea said...

i didn't know you were famous! girl, you've got a good head on your shoulders. life is too short for numbers. (and a lot of other things too!) i love you and hope you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

How cool!!! I love your sign. Age IS just a number and you are only as old as you feel. And remember 30 is GOOD - actually the 30's are really good. Enjoy them. I love ya!